As students transition from high school to college, they usually become better at expressing their thoughts and ideas. This is a very important skill as it’ll help them in writing different types of essays in school, one of them being an opinion essay. A lot of people sometimes confuse them with persuasive essays; however, they’re two distinct types of writing. In an opinion essay, your objective is to state your view concerning a certain issue and then, using ample evidence, establish why you support that subject. On the other hand, in a persuasive essay, your goal is trying to influence the readers to agree on a particular topic.
Many students struggle when it comes to choosing the right opinion essay topic. However, this article will help you come up with the most appropriate and captivating title. Take a look at the following topics classified according to specific categories.
Topics About Sports and School
Most students have very strong opinions when it comes to matters concerning sports and school, which will make it easier to find resources and research material. The following are examples of topics you can use in writing your opinion essay.
- Which type of sport is the best?
- Should video game tournaments be regarded as sports?
- Do you think there should be losers and winners in sports or is taking part the ideal goal?
- Should students continue learning cursive handwriting?
- Write an essay to persuade your tutor to give less homework.
- Write an essay to convince your fellow student to do their assignment.
- Would you rather be an accomplished artist, talented athlete, or a top student?
- Do you find oxford commas helpful?
- What do you think should be changed in your school?
- Are single-gender schools better than their co-ed counterpart?
Topics About Relationships
Relationships with friends, partners, and relatives evoke various viewpoints from different people. Here are some examples you can use in your essay.
- Are romantic relationships and friendships important in life?
- Are long-distance relationships bad or good for teenagers?
- Is it right to cut ties with relatives or friends who are ever negative?
- What is the most interesting thing that you’ve ever experienced with your best friend?
- What should you do when your best friend asks your opinion about something that you know will hurt his/her feelings?
- Would you tell on your friend for having cheated on a test?
Topics About Technology
Technology has definitely had its fair share of triumphs and failures; you can use this to find great opinion essay topics.
- Are media platforms good or bad for society?
- Do video games have a negative or positive influence?
- Is it good for children to ask people for cash for their band, clubs, or sports teams?
- What is the best innovation ever been made?
- Are developments such as blind spot signs, self-driving vehicles, and lane-departure cautions made driving secure?
- Is it true that aliens exist?
Although coming up with exceptional opinion essay topics seems like a daunting task to many students, the guidelines mentioned above will definitely help in selecting the most interesting subject for your essay.